Saturday, November 8, 2008

Oh, to be 10 again...

Year: 1995
Age: 10
Grade: 4th

Christmas is a time that is filled with traditions. For the most part, all of the traditions have remained. We still read The Christmas Story and take a family photo on the steps...and Mom still checks to make sure Santa visited. One tradition that has gone by the wayside is "Christmas in the Closet." When we were younger, we used to all sleep in my closet. While it could be classified as a walk-in...there was definitely not room enough for three girls to sleep in it! However, that didn't stop us from dragging in our pillows, sleeping bags and tape recorder--to listen to the tapes of my grandmother reading Christmas stories.



Back in the day, Christmas holidays were usually spent with family and friends cheering on the Alabama Crimson Tide at the bowl game. Who knows, if Alabama continues to play well, we may get to spend this holiday season at a fun bowl!

This next photo was picked for two reasons:
  • Outfit: I had quite a few windsuits when I was a kid, but this one was my FAVORITE. I also love that I had a turtleneck that matched perfectly.
  • Shirley Temples. Many of you know that my favorite drink is the Shirley Temple. The love for the ST began here...at the Sawgrass Marriott in Orlando. A little old man introduced them to me and I haven't been the same since!

No comments: