Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Grade Fashonista

Year: 1992
Age: 7
Grade: 1st

It feels good to be a champion. I got a good dose of "Champion" medicine in both 1st and 2nd grade. My high school football team claimed the State Championship when I was in first grade with a decisive win over our opponent. Well, you know we had to capitalize on that win with our Christmas card. As I've mentioned before, I am one of three girls. Here we are...all dressed up in our monogrammed corduroy bubble suits. I loved this outfit! Wonder if I could find one to wear in this year's Christmas photo?



We didn't all dress alike too much. We usually only had 2 of the same outfit, so being the middle, I got to dress up with both of my sisters at different times. The picture on the top was when I was 4...the one on the bottom, I was 7. I guess my younger sister didn't want to cooperate with a picture.




We weren't really into birthday celebrations when I was growing up. In my Mom's defense, none of use were really born at a good "birthday party" time. My younger sister has a birthday around Labor Day...mine is around Thanksgiving...and my older sister's is in December. We didn't have the yearly party, but that made me get really excited for the ones I did have. My absolute favorite was my dress up party. Please note that the cupcakes are yellow box mix with strawberry frosting and sprinkles. MY FAVORITE BIRTHDAY CUPCAKES TO THIS DAY!


There are some clothing items that every girl needs. At my current age that list includes a great pair of jeans, a crisp white shirt, a pretty scarf and a black dress. Back in the day, the list was much shorter. In fact, I can sum it up with two words: Scotty Dog!! Thanks for keeping me in all the latest fashions, Mom!

No comments: