Thursday, July 24, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
We arrived at the Raleigh airport around 3:30 and decided to see if we could get on an earlier flight. One was available, but there weren't enough seats for everyone. No worries, our original flight was set for 5:30 so we would still be home by 7:45.
We proceeded to the gate for our 5:30 flight and boarded. Thirty minutes later, we were back at the gate due to severe weather.
Everyone knows that the third time's a charm. So, for the second time of the night, we boarded a plane. As I settled in my seat and prepared for takeoff, the pilot came over the speaker informing us of an engine failure. He said the back-up was still good, we just needed to wait for the maintenance crew to sign off on it. A few minutes after they appeared, the smell of something burning began to overtake the cabin and the power went off. We were instructed to leave the plane immediately. Apparently, the plane had gotten struck by lightening.
Never fear, another flight was set to leave out at 10:15. I boarded, hoping for the best, but still not expecting much. At 12:01, the wheels touched down in Atlanta. Gotta love business travel.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
- She loves the Lord---She knows that every part of her life should be offered as worship to God and strives daily to honor Him. Over the years she has been there to keep me grounded in The Word and keep me on track spiritually.
- She is easygoing---Whenever I'm with Natalie, life is simple and fun. I love how when I'm with her, we can make anything fun. Regular trips to Target and TJMaxx are anything but normal. She has taught me how to find joy in the simple things in life.
- She is always tuned in---She has a way of knowing when I want to talk and when I just want to sit and is always respectful. On top of that, I love how when something needs to be said that she doesn't shy away from even the toughest situations.
- She has the best laugh---When Natalie laughs, she doesn't hold back. In fact, her whole body laughs. I love that. If you want to see what I'm talking about, just mention the name Eric Shane Taylor and you'll see what I mean.
Just a few more things...she is the best person to share a secret with, is always up for a late night movie, gives the best hugs ever...I'd say more but it's WAY past my bedtime!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
After playing "Why Do You Love America" it was time to pile into a few cars to see the fireworks. Now when I say pile, thats what I mean. I think there were at least 15 people in one of the trucks! We managed to get a really good place to sit...front row for the fireworks and the burning bush! Yes, I said the burning bush. It was a bit scary, but no one was harmed...and I got a picture! The show was definitely the best fireworks display I've seen. One person from the group even commented that it was better than the show he had seen at the Washington Mall last year. Way to go Atlanta!
All I all, I couldn't have asked for a better 4th...here's to wishing that next month they'll let us have the day off to celebrate the 4th of August!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Answer: They all bring a smile to my face
I love hanging out with friends and meeting new people. Last night was great because I got to do both. What made it even better was the fact that we were all pretty close to delirium, making the conversation livelier and laughter more frequent. The evening was capped off with a rousing game of Catch Phrase. It sure is helpful when you are on the same wavelength as your teammate. Seeing that Katie and I were both out of brain cells, we had that covered. So, if any of my blog readers are intersted in playing Catch Phrase and don't mind being losers, let me know...Katie and I will be happy to be the winners!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
- She is allergic to metal. This can be a problem if there is any metal on clothing or if you are asked to wear a metal nametag.
- If you want a salad, Sholcomb is your gal. She DOMINATES the salad bar!
- Even after 2 years, she still thinks she is a camp counselor, and continues to wear Chacos all the time.
- Her favorite item of clothing is a white cami. If you can find her a "half cami" she'll be your friend forever.
- She has an obsession with a guy named Bruce. The love runs so deep that she often pretends to be him.
- Excel is her favorite Microsoft Office program. She loves spreadsheets!
So many reasons to love Sholcomb. The only problem is that she keeps telling me that she is moving to Boston at the end of this month. Good thing Airtran flies non-stop to Boston for less than $100!