Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Anybody want to be a teenager again?? I didn't think so!

Year: 1998
Age: 13
Grade: 7th

Do you remember 7th grade? I do. Academically, it was probably the easiest year, but I did learn a few things...

  • Math--Volunteer to answer the ODD questions, because from 7th grade on, the answers are in the back of the book!
  • Science--BILL NYE is not just for PBS kids
  • English--We started each class with the "Quote of the Day." So, for all of you that have been on the receiving end of the daily quote, this is where it got its start.

Being a teenager was hard. I wouldn't go back to that time of life for anything...ANYTHING! Girls can be so ruthless at that age. I'm so thankful that I had some fabulous friends to get me through to the other side.

Nothing like watching football with a few of your closest friends!


I actually began baby-sitting when I was in 6th grade, but I fell in love with it when I was in 7th grade...and haven't stopped since. I absolutely LOVED taking care of the Tucker girls! They were the most precious kids with the wildest imaginations. I'm pretty sure that one summer they pretended to be kitty cats EVERY time I was there! The Tuckers have added two other beautiful girls to their family, and these two are old enough to do their own baby-sitting, but whenever I see them, these are the faces that pop into my mind.

No comments: