Thursday, November 20, 2008

All Smiles for the Junior Year

Year: 2006
Age: 21
College: Junior

As much as I loved the sorority, I did not enjoy the whole Rush process. Junior year was different though. I traded in my sorority letters to be a Rho Chi instead. I loved being able to help girls through the process of finding a sorority. Don't get me wrong, there were tears, but it was rewarding to feel like I had an impact. There were 80 girls in my group and I was personally responsible for about 25...one of my little charges was Miss Rachel Fowler. I love this girl!
During finals week, it seems like everybody wants to do anything but study, so we took a break to make a tasty study snack. Looks like we created more of a mess than a snack!

I ran into somebody the other day that said they don't like Waffle House. I don't understand how this is possible. I mean, where else can you get good hot food at 3AM? I made many a late night trip to Waffle House during my college career, but the trip to the Gadsden WH after Jessie's debutante ball is one that I will never forget. These girls are the same ones that I had breakfast with at The Waysider that last morning of freshman year.

Confidential to Natalie...Been to any hotels lately?


Sarah Sarah Sarah. She was the perfect roommate for me. When we signed up to live together our sophomore year, we didn't really know each other, but we quickly found that we were very similar. She is one of the few people that got my sense of humor and was the best secret keeper! I don't know what I would have done if she found somebody else to live with those last two years. Thanks for everything, Schmell!
My XXXI initiation was even more special because I had a friend to support me. One of my favorite pictures with my bestest friend. The big smiles are in response to hearing that we would be having the Almond Ball dessert!

Junior year was filled with wonderful times with great friends, but none of those times compare to the birth of my precious niece, Emma Kate. To date, January 19, 2006 is one of the happiest days of my life. The older she gets, the more that day means to me. It's funny to think how such a small baby can change your life forever, but that is exactly what she did and continues to do.

No comments: