Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oh the Irony...

The wedding I attended on Saturday was in Columbus, GA.  Instead of driving back home, my mom and I decided to make a weekend out of it by making the short drive to Auburn for the night.  Don't worry...we did not pick Auburn for it's football program.  The city was picked strictly for a great hotel deal!  

The positive to staying in Auburn was that when we woke up the following day we were able to visit with lots of other friends that had stayed in the city as
 well.  If I've said it once, I've said it 1000 times...I LOVE my home town, and the main reason is the people.  I realized that even more when I found myself thoroughly enjoying my time in Auburn.  In this case, the people made the town!

What's so ironic about that you may ask...well, there's not really irony in that.  The irony is all in this little picture.  



I was so busy getting my things together that I totally left my flip-flops at the door.  So, I walked around on Sunday in my wedding shoes.  Being in a college town, I'm sure people thought that I had been out late the night before.  Little did they know that my mom and I were enjoying the goodness of the great beds at the Marriott and were sound asleep before the night life had even really gotten picked up!

2 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Stopping by from the comment you left on my blog. I grew up in Auburn, too. I must be a few years ahead of you, though.

Nice shoes!

Anonymous said...

I thought they were just a fun fashion statement!!!! You looked so stylish- we never knew! WAR EAGLE! Love ya!