Friday, June 19, 2009

Nashville...CMA Festival Part 4



We woke up on Sunday a little bit sad. Our vacation would be coming to an end super soon...but not before we packed the day full of fun.

We started things off at church with Caroline and Sarah. Definitely not the traditional church building...but the worship was authentic and the teaching was Truth to the core. I'm still processing a lot of what was taught...maybe a blog post in the future. Before we left, we had to take a few pictures with Caroline...our favorite Nashville night nurse and Nashville hostess. Confidential to Caroline...Christen and I are already plotting our next visit so get that room ready!

The afternoon offered lots of good music, so after church we made our way over to the riverfront stage. Josh Gracin, Joe Nichols, Collin Raye, Darryl Worley, Gloriana, and Eli Young Band all serenaded us while we relaxed on our towel and soaked up the sun. In my opinion, it was one of the better lineups at the river.

After the Eli Young Band finished up, we had just enough time for a little sustenance and shopping. Sustenance first...Hard Rock Cafe style. Yes, I know that makes two days in a row..but we were with Blake and Molly and couldn't resist the ability to walk right in. The food was yummy and there were plenty of options for us to get something different.

With our tummies full, we were ready to get our shopping on. Christen and I both got some really cool prints from Hatch Show Print. HSP is one of the oldest working letterpress print shops in America. Their printing is very distinct and they do it all on site. I can't wait to get my prints framed and hung somewhere! We still had about 3o minutes before we had to make our way over to LP Field so we grabbed a Nashville Housing Guide and flipped through the pages. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

As expected, the final night featured some of the best. Miranda Lambert, Montgomery Gentry, John Rich, Taylor Swift, Jack Ingram, and Kenny Chesney and a surprise appearance from Sugarland. Sidenote...Sugarland...INCREDIBLE entertainers! Here's a little snipit from their hit, "It Happens." Again...sorry for the poor video skills and the heinous southern accent.





Trip in review: Walked a whole lot...ate some great food...purchased some fun things to remember the experience...enjoyed time with friends: old, new and newer...listened to great music for 4 straight days.


Maybe it was because it was my first real "big girl" trip that I have taken. Maybe it was because I paid for all of it using my hard earned money. Maybe it was because I got to travel with one of my favorite people in the entire world. Maybe it was because I was able to spend 4 full days in my favorite city. Maybe it was because I got to see one of my favorite new friends. Maybe it was because I got to see and hear some of my favorite singers and songs. A lot of maybes...but all of those maybes in such perfect proportion added up to the best vacation I have ever been on in my entire life!

And...I can't wait to do it all again next year! That's right. Christen and I have already purchased our tickets for CMA Festival 2010! Don't be jealous...you too can have the vacation of your life. Just head on over to the website and purchase while the seats are still incredible!

No comments: