Thursday, June 4, 2009

Juice Plus

When I was in school, the food pyramid said that I should try to eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.  Not the easiest, but doable.  Now, more and more research is suggesting we should be getting 7-13 servings!  I like fruits and veggies, but I don't have time to be eating 49-91 servings of them a week...much less the money!

Enter Juice Plus+® .  I first heard about Juice Plus+® about 4 years ago.  I thought it was a fad.  I was wrong.  Over the years, I've heard more and more about it...lots of families that I baby-sit for are JP families and quite a few of my friends have jumped on the JP bandwagon.  So when a friend asked if I would be interested in trying it, I decided to do a little research.  Let me tell you, JP is one of the neatest things out there!

I'm not a Juice Plus+® pro quite yet...the website has TONS of great info...but here are a few things that I found extra interesting that I don't want you to miss.  

  • Juice Plus+®  has been around for 16 years!  It is not a fad.  If you have some free time, watch the video.  It highlights a few of the families that have incorporated the JP line into their lives.  
  • Juice Plus+® is NOT a vitamin.  It is WAY better than vitamins.  They take WHOLE fruits and vegetables and remove the water and some of the fiber to make a powder.  When you take your little capsules each day, you are filling your body with the nutrients of 17 DIFFERENT fruits and veggies and even some grains!  17 people...that is HUGE!  I don't know about you, but I'm too poor to be eating 17 different fruits, veggies and grains each day!  
  • Juice Plus+®  is NOT a food replacement.  I remember when I first heard about it and I thought it was like the little pill that made Violet on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory turn into a blueberry.  Now I know that it is anything but.  Instead, JP is a complement to a healthy diet...a simple, convenient, and inexpensive way to add more nutrition from raw, organic fruits and vegetables to your diet, every day.   It is not a replacement!  It is just a bridge to help move you from what you DO eat to what you SHOULD eat.  


The website is great.  The science behind it is interesting.  Now it's time to put it to the test.  I'm going to be taking the capsules for 4 months and I'll be letting you know how it goes.  It seems easy enough.  Two fruit capsules in the morning with my breakfast and a glass of water and two vegetable capsules in the evening with my dinner and a glass of water.  I don't know how often I'll do recaps...but I will keep you in the know.  I've been told that your energy increases, hair and nails are healthier and skin looks better.  Can't wait!!



But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way.  Now God had caused the official to show favor and sympathy to Daniel, but the official told Daniel, "I am afraid of my lord the king, who has assigned your food and drink. Why should he see you looking worse than the other young men your age? The king would then have my head because of you."

Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, "Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink.  Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see."  So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.

At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food.  So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.

To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds.  Daniel 1:8-17

No comments: