Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summons to Smile

Two years ago I moved to Atlanta. I didn't know a soul. I started my first big girl job. I didn't know where to go to church. I spread my wings...farther than they have ever been spread.

Two years later, I have met some of the best friends a girl could ask for. I have been adopted by families. I have learned lessons in life and business from some of the brightest. I have found a church that I love for the worship and the teaching.

Six weeks from today I will be moving. I will no longer be an Atlanta resident. I will be a Birmingham resident.

I know it is the right move...but I am still sad. Sad to leave behind the friends. Sad to leave behind the families. Sad to leave behind the experiences.

This is going to be a hard move. It's not like high school when everyone leaves for college...or college when everyone leaves for a job. I'm moving...others aren't. The road is coming to a fork and we will be walking on different paths.



I was thinking about that earlier this week...shedding a few tears. Then I checked the mail and found this.


Posted by Picasa

Yes...that would be a summons for Jury Duty. I smiled. Good thing I'm moving.

No comments: