Monday, June 22, 2009

She's Not A Hooker Anymore

I remember the first time I met Jill Hook. She practically lived at the sorority house her freshman year and since her sorority big sister was one of my closest friends we got to know each other real well, real quick.

So many of my favorite college memories include her, and almost all of my sorority memories do.

Note that sticker, Jill....what a fun night that was. Secrets and fun. Love it!

We sure did love to wear our matching pjs...sadly, I couldn't get the video to upload that you recorded when we were wearing this getup. I might just have to do a follow-up post!


Taking a break from our wedding dancing with Laura (the wonderful sorority big sis and fabulous friend)



As precious of a girl as she is, there was no question in my mind that I would be attending her wedding. Yes, it was only about a 30 minute drive, but I would have driven or flown anywhere to see that girl exchange vows with the Wes man.



Confidential to Jill:

As I watched you walk down that aisle on Saturday night, I got tears in my eyes. I remembered those nights that we stayed up late chatting and reading in the sleeping porch, the birthday celebrations, the meetings on the sorority roof and the late night trips to TCBY and Checkers. To top it off, even though you were plenty busy with school and fun, you still found time to be the best President's Assistant a girl could ever have! I'm so happy for you, Bean. You and Wes are perfect for each other. Have been from the beginning. Can't wait to see where life takes y'all. Hey, just think...years, YEARS from now, we just may find ourselves back at the Delta Zeta house...moving our girls in....exchanging "remember when" stories. Now that, my friend...that would be fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew that my sweet middle school friend Jill would grow up and be friends with one of my favorite work friends ever! Love the small world we live in!

Always A Hooker (Jill) said...

Lindsey,
How could I just now find this? I don't know. As I read your post chills formed all over my body, as tears swelled in my eyes. Thinking back on my time at UA you are one person that always comes to mind, besides my big of course. Yes, I practially did live at the sorority house my freshman year. It was friends like you who I put my trust in and looked up to. It was people like you who I admired and wanted to be more like Christ because of your example. It was friends like you who I knew I could call if I needed a ride, ha! It was friends like you who would take care of me on nights I didn't make the best decisions, but sure did make some good laughable moments and now memories. Thank you for your kind post. I hope that years from now we can reflect back on our time together and discuss all those "remember then..." stories we shared together in the DZ house. It's sad how times have changed, but I guess we do eventually have to "grow up". I love the pictures from our wedding. Thank you again for taking time to be apart of our special day. We can't wait until your day comes when we too will be there. Corn, thank you. I truly mean it. I look forward to seeing you soon for my big's wedding. What fun memories we will make to add to our collection! God Bless! Love, Hooker :)