Monday, November 22, 2010

Tuscaloosa and a Surprise

One of the things I love most about my job is the flexibility that it offers. I have goals. I have things to accomplish, but as long as I get them done, I can mix work life with my personal life. It's perfect, and I'm so thankful for my job.

Today I needed to make a trip to Tuscaloosa to drop some things off to one of my clients. For the record..I hate the word client. After working with these people and talking to them for so long, they feel more like friends. Anyway, I decided that if I was going to make a trip down there, I might as well make it count. So, I made plans to have lunch with a friend. Bento, no less...and the friend wasn't just anyone, it was the one and only Margaret Ila. To say we laughed the majority of the time would be quite the understatement.

I dropped her off at work and then headed over to meet Sarah Beth to get a key to her house. She's been holed up at the school for weeks studying. I don't know how she does it. After weeks of asking her if there was anything I could do to help, she finally thought of something...the room needed cleaning. Room cleaning may sound odd to most people, but it is in fact one of my favorite things. You know you're true friends when someone lets you clean their room!

After I finished, I decided to go ahead and make my way back home so that I could finish up my work day from home. I'm so glad I did that because I hadn't been home for 15 minutes and I got a knock on the door. I wasn't expecting anyone, so I thought it must be a package from the office. I went to the door and much to my surprise, Julia was standing there with a smile on her face and a fun birthday treat in her hand. She's in her first semester of college at Alabama and just got home for Thanksgiving break. It's always fun to be remembered on your birthday, but I think it's even more fun when you're surprised!



Since the "recap the day" style blogging is new for me, I haven't quite mastered taking pictures to go along with the events, but I did remember to snap one with Julia before she left.

I'm wrapping up the day with my family. My aunt, uncle and cousins live about 10 minutes away and invited me over for dinner. My aunt cooks and I clean. It's the perfect combo. Now it's time to call out some anatomy to Allison and call it a night.

26 is still looking good...and I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to make it look even better!

No comments: