Saturday, November 27, 2010

In all things, give thanks

Over the past few days, I've been reminded of some of the things I am very thankful for. Here's a little glimpse into the Thanksgiving season...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. We divide up the cooking and both families live in same city, so the celebrations are pretty laid back and the traveling is minimal. On Wednesday we picked up lunch from Zoes and ate with my mom's parents. After that, we headed over to my dad's mother's house for dinner---soup and sandwiches.

Good times are always had when this little one is around. Can't believe that EK is about to be 5! Seems like yesterday that she was born.

This is one of by far my favorite picture of EK with my grandparents...her great-grandparents.

On Thursday, I got up early and set to work baking the traditional coconut cake for the Ingram family Thanksgiving. I was pretty impressed with how it turned out...just like one Nannies or Ella would have made! We enjoyed a Thanksgiving feast with all of the basics: turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, green beans, squash casserole, salad and rolls. I sat at the kid table with the usual suspects...it's going to be a sad day if I ever get promoted to the adult table! So thankful for family!

Friday morning the sun rose and there was only one thing on the mind of everyone in the family...the Iron Bowl. It was a little chilly, but thankfully the torrential downpour that was predicted earlier in the week did not occur. On the way to the stadium, I stopped by to see my freshman roomie at her tailgate. It's always fun when she's in town. Love her and her sweet family! So thankful for friendships that remain...even though we are miles apart!

Quick photo-op with some college friends

Cell service on gameday is never good. So, when I got a message right before kickoff I could hardly believe it. One of my sweet clients/turn friends spotted me when I was walking to my seat and came down to find me. I LOVE me some Caitlyn...even if she does cheer for the other team. So thankful for a job that I love and the fun people I am blessed to work with!

If you're an Alabama fan, the game started out better than any could have ever predicted. It was so much fun sitting with the family and cheering for a team that we all love so much. We have watched many, many games together through the years...here's to many more! So thankful for the opportunity to watch Alabama pretty much every time they play...win or lose...I LOVE The Crimson Tide!

Cheering on the Tide with the family

.

No comments: