Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Did Someone Say Birthday???

In the past few days I've gotten lots of little messages alluding to a birthday. My birthday, to be exact.

Voicemails with countdowns. Emails with request for gift ideas. Text messages asking for my latest mailing address.

Try as I have to keep my birthday under wraps, it is coming and in just a matter of days I will turn the big 2-6.

I don't know why, but this is the first birthday that I haven't really looked forward to. Something about it just seems so old. 25 was great...right in the mid twenties. 26, not so much.

Regardless, the big day will be here before I know it and instead of pouting about it...like I have been doing for pretty much the past 2 months...I am going to embrace it.

I'm going to do by best to be a more regular blogger during year 26. I'll be focusing less on the words, and trying harder to document the days. Then maybe, a year from today, if I'm bemoaning the coming of 27, I can look back on all the goodness that 26 brought and smile.

3 comments:

Meredith Stinson said...

At least you have me as a friend to make you feel young. We need to celebrate!!

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

Oh sweet Linds. You are so wise beyond your years and such an encourager. I love how God speaks to you and uses you to encourage others. I love your self-control and discipline. I love your pure adoration for kids and how you give so much of your time and energy for them. I thought 26 was awesome. People take you a little more seriously I think - a little closer to thirty - more distinguished you see. :) Happy Birthday Precious Girl! Can't wait to see you soon.

Kelley Brown said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! And you're making me feel old. :) Let me tell you that the 30s are great! As above post says, the closer you get to 30, the more credibility you seem to have. Or at least that's how I've felt. :) So have no fear about 26 or the later 20s. You have lots to look forward to! :)

Hope your special day and this entire year holds all you hope and pray for!!!!