Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's My Birthday

It's true, I wasn't so much looking forward to my most recent birthday, but now that the day has come and gone, I can say it was perfect...and the days leading up to it were fabulous as well.

My mom came up on Friday to celebrate. Such a fun little surprise! We got lunch at one of my favorite local places, ran some errands and did a little shopping. Nothing like shopping with your mom when you're birthday is near! We finished up in just enough time to make it to a pep rally for my cousin's team. My mom hadn't gotten to see her cheer all year, so it was perfect. We had a little family birthday party at dinner that night..complete with my favorite Friday Special for dinner and a cake. Then we donned our green and gold and made our way to the stadium to cheer on the Spartans. They won, so we are now headed to the semi-finals next week!

Saturday was another wonderful day. Most of it was spent watching football and napping. Then, that evening I joined some friends at Sips n Strokes for painting. It was by far the most difficult painting I've ever done there...even the instructor said it was a hard one! Mine looked a bit different from the "original" but I'm still pretty impressed...and I bet my mom will still love it! She doesn't know how to read the blog, so I don't have to worry about her finding out before Christmas!

with Meredith, Erin and Laura...pretty impressed with our results

Painting is a long process, so it was almost 10:30 before I made it home...quite a bit past my typical bed time...but since I was up, I decided that I might as well enjoy the last 90 minutes of 25. I'm so glad that I did, because right before midnight, Sarah Beth video chatted me. Since we were video chatting when the day changed to November 21, she was the first person to tell me Happy Birthday on the official day.

Having a birthday on a Sunday meant that I got to spend my birthday lunch with my "Birmingham family." While none of us have any blood relation, we get together for meals a couple of times a week and they are by far some of my favorite people. I can't imagine any better way to celebrate. I chose Cracker Barrel for the big event. Nothing super fancy, but definitely delicious. I was also hopeful that I was picking a place that did not sing Happy Birthday, but I was incorrect about that. I was serenaded by Tony and the gang...I'm pretty sure my roommate got that on video, but I'm hoping it never makes an appearance. It definitely won't be published on the blog!



Many thanks to all who showered me with love and sweet birthday wishes. If this year is anything like the past few days, it's going to be one that I never forget!

No comments: