Monday, July 6, 2009

True Confessions of a Soon-to-be-Jobless Twenty-Something

At the end of the month...THIS MONTH...I will be moving. I can't believe it is almost here. No more living with half of my stuff in Georgia and the other half in Alabama. My belongings will all be in Alabama. My body will be in Alabama. It will be time to begin the next chapter of my life.


I have the best friends in the world. These friends know that I don't always handle chance well, so they have been doing their part to help me out. These sweet friends ask frequently how I'm doing with the upcoming move and how they can pray for me. Without batting an eye, I answer that I am doing well. I tell them that I'm not the least worried about the fact that I don't have a job because I know that God will provide.


Now it is time for the true confessions...

Even though I answer that I am not worried that I don't have a job because I know God will provide, I am worried. Deep down I know that He will provide, but I still worry. I worry because it seems the closer and closer I get to the next chapter, the more and more fuzzy it becomes. As of August 1, I will be without a source of income. Yesterday I took those worries that I have been feeling and took them to God. Something I should have done a long time ago. It was no surprise that He met me right where I was. I'm not going to lie...this is a true confessions post...I'm still a little worried, but I feel much better. In fact, I feel even better today than I did yesterday. Just this morning I was studying in 1 Timothy 6 and was reminded of the instructions that Paul gave to Timothy...to pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness...to fight the good fight....to put his hope not in riches, but in God, because God will provide him with everything he needs.

Today I am choosing to pursue...choosing to fight...choosing to put my faith in God, because I know he will provide everything I need. Maybe not everything I want...but everything I need.

6 comments:

G. L. said...

Hi there.
Ok, so this is gonna sound really strange and I wouldn't blame you if you put me on the "block" list but I found you through Annie and I came here, and I read up on you, and well... I decided we definitely need to be friends. :)
You sound SO much like me, and/or who I try/want to be.
You are so brave. Just from reading your words I see that, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious of that trait!

So, this is me, a stranger, saying... Hi!!

-grace

AnnieBlogs said...

Praying for you. Beautiful honesty.

I agree with Grace-

You. Are. So. Brave.

And God. Is. So. Good.

That's a good combo.

Lindsey said...

Grace...so glad you commented!

I love making new bloggy friends! Can't wait to start reading your blog!

Douglasfam said...

hey linds! God does provide and it feels so so good when He does and often comes through in greater ways than you could have imagined! It will be so interesting to see how this all works out! Praying for you dear friend and confident that God is hearing your prayers! I love you!

Cile said...

When we don't know what's going on keep parking in truth, Linds. We DO know that God has never left us. He also has a much bigger imagination than us with a boatload more power to make those dreams reality. So while you are pursuing..."Be still and KNOW that (He) is God." Love you!

Shelley Owens said...

Linds,
I'm so thankful to get to be a part of your prayer-warrior "team" during this time in your life. I also love how the Lord has been laying you on my heart non-stop, even though it's been a long time since we've gotten to see each other and spend time together. But God is bigger than time, and I love that He created our friendship to be a Divine friendship from the start (remember how we used to talk about God and our faith in high school?! Even then we were praying for each others needs. wow...) Of course I'm praying for you now, and know that the Lord WILL mold you and shape you according to HIS LOVE. He's making you learn to trust Him more and more, and remember--His timing is PERFECT (even when we think He's late...He's not :) Wish I could share a cup of coffee with you right now...call me when you come into town. Love you so much. Shelley :)