Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's been too long...WAY too long

The last time I saw my sweet niece's face was in January. January 21 to be exact. Entirely too long ago! So this Friday, I will be making the drive down south to lovely Brewton. Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends, going to my home church, eating at my favorite Mexican restaurant and enjoying small time life...but I'm most excited about spending some time with my precious niece, Emma Kate.

I've been planning my trip home for a month or so, but the trip got even better when I found out last week that not just one, but BOTH of the families that I nanny for are going to be on spring break next week. Translation...I GET THE WEEK OFF! It didn't take me long to decide that I wanted to spend that week with EK.

As of now, my only plan for the week is to lavish her with love and fill the days with things she enjoys doing. So, we'll probably be taking in some of the local sporting events, going to the beach, feeding the ducks, swinging and sliding at Rainbow Dragon, eating lunch at the Pizza Hut buffet, playing Puppy Pal Bingo, going for walks...and anything else her little heart desires. Who knows, if she asks me nicely, we might even do some of those activities wearing matching outfits!

Oh my goodness, I can't wait! See ya on Friday, my little EK.


1 comment:

Cile said...

She is fired up and so am I!