Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How many kids do you want??

I've always loved baby-sitting. To this day, I love taking care of little ones! When I was growing up, I was asked by adults and peers alike, how many kids do you want?? Up through about 9th grade, the token answer was 8. I wanted 2 girls, quintuplets: girl, boy, girl, boy, girl AND another girl. 6 girls...2 boys...8 total. I don't really know where that came from, but it was what I wanted and I prayed for that for YEARS!

What I especially wanted was multiples. Now, after watching John and Kate Plus 8 every Monday for the last few years, I know it is a lot more difficult than I once thought. So, when I found out last fall that someone that I knew in REAL LIFE was going to be having quadruplets, I got so excited. Kate was two years older than me in school and everybody loved her. She is really one of the sweetest people ever. Not only is she going to be a great Mom, she is going to be the best Quad Mom ever!

Being from a small town has its perks. Everybody was all about those babies. Well...now THEY ARE HERE! I can hardly wait to go home and see blue and pink ribbons everywhere. Kate delivered 4 beautiful, healthy babies last Sunday. So many exciting things are going on in the lives of people I know and it just gets me all happy inside!

Oh...for those of you that were wondering....I don't really want 8 kids anymore. 4 would be LOVELY! I'm definitely hoping God comes through with some UNANSWERED prayers!

1 comment:

Ashleigh Speir said...

Oh my goodness!!!! That was the story I wanted to tell about you at your going away lunch that I couldn't remember! About you wanting 8 kids and how you thought you were going to get them. ;)

I also want 4 kids! Such a good number!