Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Feeling OLD

I'm 23 years old, but for the most part I don't really feel that "old." However, every so often, something happens to make me feel OLD.

For instance, about two months ago a girl that I used to baby-sit tried out and made cheerleader for the third time. When I got ready to call her to tell her congratulations on making it--and being selected as the captain, I remembered all of the fun times I used to have playing with her when she a kid and felt OLD.

A few weeks later, I was home visiting my parents. Things were going well until I walked into church, looked over at the kids in the youth group and only recognized about 5 out of the 50. Keep in mind, my hometown has about 4000 people and I've lived there and attended the same church my entire life. I felt OLD.

My latest OLD experience happened just yesterday...Cinco de Mayo. This has always been a day celebrated in some shape or form with friends, laughter, secret clubs and rooftop escapades highlighting the more recent years. Well, this year, with baby-sitting occupying my night and work duties beckoning me at 7:30 this morning, the festivities were nonexistent. While it did feel better to know that the majority of the friends that had celebrated the past Cincos were missing out this year as well, I still felt--and feel--OLD.


Here are a few pics to help me relive the memories...

***In case there has ever been any doubt, this night is definitely in my college Top 10! Love y'all!!***

No comments: