Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Catch-Up...Kinda

Don't you hate it when you run into someone that you haven't seen in awhile and they say something to the effect of "I've really missed seeing you...things have been really busy for me lately...I'd love to tell you about it, but I can't." You hate it, don't you? I do too...but I'm about to have to do that. Things have been crazy busy...some I can blog about...but most of it I can't. Guess all 2 of you that read this thing will just have to forgive me, and hope that one day I'll be able to share.

So the last post was three weeks ago...whoops! The days have been such a blur, but for the most part, it's been a pretty good blur!

A few weekends ago, I found myself snowed in...well, more like iced in. Birmingham got hit with some really cold weather, and since Alabamians don't really know how to drive in the snow, we were pretty much couped up. Thankfully, we knew it was coming, so I was able to get over to my Aunt and Uncles house. Let me just say, if you are going to have to be snowed in, there is no greater place for it to happen than there! We ate, watched movies, ate, napped, ate, played wii, ate, watched football and oh yea...ate. It was perfect, but after 2 days, I was thankful to be released to go home.

I've traveled, traveled and traveled some more. Colleges are back in session, so I've been traveling a lot for my job. My first days back were actually in Auburn. Things were pretty crazy those first days. Lots of toilet paper in trees and it seemed everyone was smiling. I did my best to stay away from all of that!! Things weren't all bad in the enemy territory...I got to see some of my favorite girls and was even introduced to a great breakfast place I had never tried before...Barbecue House. Yummy!

I finished up my meetings in Auburn on Thursday and spent Friday getting myself organized from the week...and the weekend. I had the opportunity to participate in Disciple Now at my current church. I was one of the leaders for the most precious group of junior girls ever. I hope they enjoyed it, because it was by far the best Disciple Now weekend that I have ever been a part of...and that's saying a lot!

Let's see...that gets me up to January 16. Goodness...I'm not doing a good job at this!

The past two weeks have been spent traveling, baby-sitting, church, hanging out with family, going to high school and church league basketball games...and tons more that I can't even think of.

Pretty much, I'm wimping out on this post...maybe February will be better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your blog Lindsey!! it makes me so happy to hear what all you have been up to!! Even though I see you sometimes I can still keep up with you!! Love you!! Caitlin