Friday, January 7, 2011

Libby Lou

If you don't already think I'm crazy, I'm guessing you probably will after you finish reading this post!

For as long as I can remember, I have absolutely loved spending time with and getting to know high school girls. While not all girls are the same, quite often they are so full of life and ready to take on whatever it brings, they are searching for what's next in life, they are learning what it means to have real friends...and how to be one, and to top it all off, I have found so many that love the Lord with a reckless abandon. True, they make mistakes...but don't we all?!?!

For me, one of the best things about moving to Birmingham has been getting the chance to know and "do life" with some of the sweetest high school girls I have ever met.

I got the chance to have dinner with one of those sweet high school girls on Thursday night...Libby.



I remember the first time I saw Libby. She is a dancer for the same school that my cousin cheers for and was performing at a basketball game. I knew nothing about her, but out of a group of almost 30, I picked her out as my favorite. That was almost a year ago, and now she is still my favorite, but for so many more reasons than just being the best dancer. Her encouraging spirit, compassion towards others, strong work ethic, positive attitude and love for the Lord truly make her a young lady that is beautiful inside and out.

Dinner with Libby was by far the highlight of the day, but who wouldn't want to spend time with someone with all of those qualities?! We ate dinner at Zoes, one of my favorite places...we chatted...we laughed. It was perfect...and I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: