Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Friendly trip to the Zoo

For the first twenty something years of my life, I pretty much aged at the same rate as my friends. Now, at the ripe young age of 25, I find that many of my friends are in different phases of life. Newlyweds, many years younger than me, grad school, parents, home owners, many years older than me. It took some getting used to at first, but now I wouldn't have it any other way. Being surrounded by so many at different phases of life reminds me of all the wonderful times I have had...and of all the goodness that lies ahead.

A few weeks ago, I got the chance to see the goodness that lies ahead when I went to the zoo with two of my friends and their precious families.

Jennifer was one of the very first people that I ever talked to when I moved to Tuscaloosa for college over 7 years ago. Our paths crossed a few times over the next four years, but for the most part, I looked up to her from a distance. Our friendship has definitely gotten deeper because of social networking, but I still say that it officially began at the food court of University Mall. :) She is now happily married to Jason and they have a precious little girl, Charlotte.

Natalie is one of my dearest and best friends. We have a rather fun how we met story and I'm beyond thankful that for now we are living in the same city. She is married to Scott and their daughter, Carrington, is the cutest and happiest sixth month old around.

A trip to the zoo with these sweet families was a perfect way to spend my Sunday afternoon. Yay for friends in different phases of life!


Jennifer did a WONDERFUL job of describing the day in words and pictures. She did such a good job that I'm "borrowing" some pictures and telling you to read her post for the recap.

Just the girls

Jennifer and sweet Charlotte

Charlotte with her Daddy. The best ride in town!


The Orrs. Jenn, how did we miss a group shot of your sweet family?

No comments: