Saturday, April 18, 2009

Guess I Will Have To Blog For Her

I was beyond excited when one of my favorite real life friends started to blog last year. I had begged her for MONTHS to blog and she finally caved when she moved to Boston. She figured it would be an easy way to keep up with her friends. And, it would be...if she ever updated the thing! Her last post was written October 31.

Don't let her kid you either. She tries to say "nothing is going on...I have nothing to write about." Lies, people. LIES!

Thankfully, we still have other ways of communicating with each other. About two weeks ago, I got a message that said..."Just got a 27 pound Easter basket in the mail from Barbie." THAT IS DEFINITELY BLOG MATERIAL!!


Barbie is her Mom and apparently since Sara was not going to be able to make it home for Easter, Barbs decided to send a little Easter love to Bean town. I don't know all of the contents to the basket, but I do know there was a bunny cake pan complete with all of the trimmings needed to make a bunny cake. This in itself is quite humorous. Sara is a lot of wonderful things, but domestic she is not.

Case in point...I got a frantic call earlier this week that went something like this.

S: Is it okay for cake batter to have lumps?
L: Well, those lumps are really bits of flour. So you don't want it to be too lumpy.
S: Uuuugggghhhh. What does that mean? My arm is so tired!

We decided that she had probably stirred it enough and I encouraged her to go ahead and put it in the pan. After reading the instructions she determined that the cake needed to go into a preheated oven at 350 for 28 minutes. Sounds easy enough, but remember folks...Sara is the one doing the baking and she not domestic.

For starters, she didn't know how to work her oven...I'm positive that it was not preheated when she placed the cake in to bake.

Then, we were still talking when it was time to take the cake out of the oven but she said it just didn't look right. I felt sorry for my sweet friend...until we figured out what the problem was.

You see, she read that it needed to bake for 28 minutes. So, she told herself it needed to be taken out at 10:28. That would be right if she put it in at 10:00, but she put it in at 10:08. Whoops! Back in the oven that bunny went to be taken out at 10:36. :)

After laughing for a good five minutes I insisted that she send me a picture after she had finished decorating the bunny. I got the picture a few hours later and was actually quite impressed with her decorating skills. Then I read the email and realized that the mad decorating skills were offered by her much more domestic roommate, Meredith.


No comments: