Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It Is Wells

I just LOVE it when God outdoes Himself. It happens a lot, but this past weekend, He REALLY outdid Himself! Last Saturday, my sweet friend, Amy, became a Wells when she married her man, Clayton, and He provided the perfect weekend to celebrate the marriage of an incredibly special couple. I've been trying to figure out how to explain it in words, but it's just impossible...there are just too many details that I love about their marriage. But, the thing is, even though my words won't do it justice, I have to share a few of my favorite things...

  • The family dynamics--Never in my life have I seen two families that mesh as well as the Pettigrew and Wells families do. The rehearsal dinner was filed with examples and thank yous for the way each side has welcomed the other. It goes way beyond like...these families truly love each other.
  • The location--They got married at Rosemary Beach and had the ceremony and reception on the Eastern Green overlooking the beach. Pottery Barn should have been there to take pictures because it looked like something that would be in their magazine. It was hands down the most beautiful and laid back wedding I have ever had the chance to be a part of...and totally messed with my dreams of having a big church wedding!!
  • The ceremony--Simple and incredibly sweet. I actually sat on the grooms' side and so it made it really easy to see his face when he first saw Amy (pretty much one of my favorite part of weddings) and to see Amy as she said her vows. Top that off with a reading from one of John and Stasi Eldredge's books and you've got yourself a wedding ceremony for the books!
  • The reception--hands down, the most fun reception I have ever been to. The food was delicious--yummy sushi and oysters were my favorites--and the band that was there to help us dance the night away was phenomenal! Everyone was dancing, and when I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE. My little group and I danced the entire time...even to the iPod that they played during their break. I seriously think that my friends and I only sat out for the first three songs, and that's only because we were eating!
  • Mother/Son dance--There wasn't a dry eye in sight! One of the sweetest dances I have ever seen...definitely in my top 5 of all time!

That's enough rambling...on to the pictures so you can see the beautiful bride. :)





Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Clayton Wells

I met Leslie when I worked at Chick-fil-A. In fact, she was the first Marketing employee that spoke to me on my first day. Loved getting to catch with her over the weekend!

Isn't this one of the prettiest you've ever seen? I LOVED it!

Claudia demonstrating her spiritual gift of make-up applying while Feemster watches in the back, patiently waiting to demonstrate her spiritual gift of dancing. :)

With the beautiful bride

Quick break from dancing for a group shot with the bride

There's something about new friends that just makes me happy. This was my favorite brand new friend of the weekend. She was the best MOHA (maid of honor assistant) I have ever seen...and if she doesn't call me when she comes to Birmingham this summer, she will be in DEEP trouble!

All smiles at the end of the night. What a great way to celebrate SBX!!


Dearest Amy,

I have relived your special weekend over and over again and each time I think about you being married, I smile. It has been so encouraging to watch you and Clayton over the past few years. I'm so thankful that God allowed for our paths to cross in time for me me to watch the relationship grow and develop from the beginning. You are much loved, sweet MARRIED friend...and your hubby is much loved, too!

Congratulations...best wishes...let the forever begin!

No comments: