Monday, March 15, 2010

it's good

Last Thursday, my sweet friend Whitney, wrote a post about things that made her week good. I loved that idea. I mean, even if you don't have a great week, you can always find a few things to be happy about, right?

I actually had a wonderful week, but it was still a good thing to sit and remember some of my favorites.

  • Kids. Kids. Kids. They make every week better. I'm so thankful for all of the families that welcome me into their home.
  • Shower invitations. A few posts ago, I mentioned that I'm helping plan a baby shower for my bestest friend Natalie's baby. The shower invitations came in the mail this past week. As I held that invitation, I was overcome with emotion. Happy emotion. My best friend is about to be a mommy and I can hardly wait!!
  • Organization. It's no secret that I enjoy organizing closets. It's getting time for spring around here, so I spent the better part of one night switching my winter and summer clothes. Then I took three bags of clothes to donate. LOVE the feeling of a freshly organized closet!
  • A mid-week trip to Tuscaloosa. There are so many things that I love about my job, but I'm so thankful that it gives me the opportunity to go to one of my favorite places so frequently. This trip was extra special because I got to spend a few hours with some of my favorite girls, Addie and Carley.
  • Girls day/night. All of my schools are on spring break this week, so last Friday was the beginning of a mini spring break for me. Abby joined me on Saturday for a relaxing day/night before I dropped her off at the airport Sunday morning. We didn't do anything super special, but that's what made it so special.
  • Breakfast date. I'm a morning person, so breakfast dates work really well for me. One of my oldest friends---by years, not age---and I met for breakfast today. Laurie is a nurse and works the night shift, so we met after she got off. It was perfect. A great way to start off the day...and week!
  • House-sitting. My Aunt, Uncle and cousins are out of town for a few days enjoying spring break, so I get to enjoy time at their home. It feels like vacation! Lots of movies. Long walks. Great sleep...their guest bed is SO COMFY!
This last week was good...so good...and with a trip to the beach and a wedding on tap for this week, it looks like this week is going to be a good one too.

No comments: