Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Presidential Dinner

 

IMG_3051-1

November 16, 2005 was one of the more significant days of my college career.  It was the day I was elected president of my sorority. 

The lessons I learned while I was president are far too many to count.  Some things were easier than I expected…others were harder..but I will forever be grateful for the opportunity that I was given to lead a group of 200 women. 

November 18, 2009 was election day for my sorority and those memories all came flooding back as I drove down to Tuscaloosa to take two very special girls out to dinner. 

Sarah Beth has served as president of the sorority for the past year.   I knew from the moment she walked in the door her freshman year that she was going to do great things.  I had high expectations of her, but she totally exceeded them.  I couldn’t be prouder of the way she has lead our chapter.

Sweet Sarah Beth…You’ve given so much of yourself the past year and now it’s time to relax and celebrate all you have accomplished.  Looking forward to next semester---a time sure to be filled with spontaneous lunches, shopping trips and surprise visits. 

Abby was elected president last night.  I’m beyond thrilled for her and our sorority.  In the past few months I have gotten to know her on a more personal level.  Through early morning conversations, working lunches and car chats this precious girl from Wisconsin has quickly become one of my dearest friends.  I have no doubt that the chapter will continue to flourish under her leadership. 

Dearest Abby…I have a feeling the next year will be one filled with much growth and happiness and probably a little stress and a few tears…but believe me, sweet friend…you are the best person to lead our house and it will be worth it.  My advice… because you know me well enough that I always give it. :) Pray…A LOT.  Surround yourself with people that will be honest with you and support you.  Follow your heart.  Keep things in perspective. 

No comments: