Monday, October 19, 2009

Party at The U of A

I love Homecoming at Alabama. It’s a time of traditions and memories. I found myself thinking back to my days as a student and loved watching all of the families with young children. So many Moms and Dads doing their best to make sure their child falls in love with the UA. Love it.

I got the chance to see so many people during my two day visit. First up…some of my favorite UA seniors…Addie, Sarah Beth, Carley and Sarah. Can’t believe all of these girls were freshmen when I was a senior. I loved spending some time with them at the piano bar. We got there early and pretty much stalked a family with a kid until they left so that we could overtake their table. Good music. Fun girls. Lots of laughs. Really jealous that this fun establishment wasn’t around when I was in school. IMG_2304

The group…minus Sara. Guess she was working on her song requests for the evening.IMG_2300 With my newest BBM friendIMG_2302

The Sarah Elizabeths. :) These two are TROUBLE.

Saturday was a day filled with some reunions. First up…the freshman year roomie. When I found out on Friday night that she was going to be in town, it became top priority that I see her. She lives in NYC now, so I have to take advantage of her visits south! I could not have asked for a better person to live with in the dorm and I’m so thankful that our friendship didn’t end when we turned in our room keys. Sure, we don’t talk near as much as we used to…and we no longer have every class and group project together…but we are roomies for life. Seeing her is always a treat!

IMG_2316

Jennifer was one of the first people that I met when I came to Alabama 6 years ago. She’s beyond incredible and now has one of the cutest little girls ever. We’ve reconnected on our blogs and was beyond excited to finally get to meet her daughter this weekend. Isn’t she a cutie??

IMG_2272

IMG_2317

Earlier in the week, I made a trip to Tuscaloosa for work. Work trip turned walk down memory lane when I found myself at the Delta Zeta house..pomping for seven hours. For those of you not educated in all things UofA Homecoming, pomping is what we call rolling pieces of tissue paper. You have to have lots of it for the lawn decorations.

During my seven hour visit, I struck up conversation with quite a few cuties…Miss Brittney was my partner for quite some time. I rolled. She glued. We were unstoppable. We weren’t picture ready on Monday…but we definitely were on gameday! LOVE LOVE LOVE her!

IMG_2321

Another of my seven hour pomping friends was Karley. You can’t really see it in this picture, but she is wearing the cutest elephant necklace.

IMG_2324

So glad I ran into this little chika when I was leaving for the stadium. We were in need of picture to replace some of our others…and this one is definitely one of my new favorites. So much love for Miss Abby! For those of you wondering…my gameday outfit…that was all Abbs! I could never be that stylish on my own!

IMG_2329

Gametime. FINALLY. Great seats and great company for the game. The Bubbas behind us were a little rough around the edges, but they made for some good laughs. Cile, Mom and me…all smiles…7-0!

IMG_2330

After the game, we went back to the sorority house to rest up a little bit before the evening festivities and look who came by to visit.

IMG_2352

Enjoyed chatting around the table with you and your man! Tuscaloosa is definitely better when we are able to both be there!

Sorry for the photo overload. I just couldn’t cut any out!

2 comments:

Marla Taviano said...

Thank you soooo much, Lindsey! I consider you a friend too!! CUTE pics!!

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

miss you! thanks for being my only commenter on my blog these days. :-)