Sunday, October 4, 2009

Discretionary Income

Discretionary income. Some have a lot. Some have a little. Some spend it on technology. Some spend it on food. Some spend it on clothes. I spend it on concerts.

I didn't grow up going to concerts, but have been to more than my share in the past few years. I love them. Sometimes they are at venues where I'm able to sit back and relax and listen. Other times I'm standing the whole time. I love them both.


My friend and one of my favorite of all time roomies, Christen, was around when the concert bug began to bite me and we have made quite the concert going pair.


A few weeks ago Jill joined us and our trio made the trip to see Sugarland. Oh my goodness. Incredible. I had seen them perform live before, but had never seen them headline a concert. It was better than I imagined it would be. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is my new favorite concert experience. Since we saw them perform in Atlanta, we were able to be a part of the hometown crowd. Pretty much I LOVE it when that happens. There is always something special about that.

It rained the whole day...hence the yuckiness of my hair in the pictures...but the clouds parted right before the concert started and we had a wonderful evening of singing under the stars.

Such a fun concert. Seriously, if you ever get the chance to see them life, do it! Forget the technology. Forget the food. Forget the clothes. Spend the money on the ticket!

No comments: