Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ms. Lindsey Smith



I got this in the mail earlier this week. Now, I've gotten graduation announcements in the mail before, but the front of the envelope has always said something like Mr. and Mrs. Smith and family. This time, the envelope simply said Ms. Lindsey Smith. Are you kidding me? Am I already so old enough to receive my own high school graduation announcements? Please...don't answer that.

After I got over the initial shock of receiving it, I sat down and cried. Sure, some of the tears were because I'm sad to be so old...but pretty much the tears were cried out of excitement. It's true that graduation announcements signify an end, but they also signify a beginning. Beginnings are exciting.

What makes it even more exciting is that this announcement wasn't just for some random student graduating from the high school that I graduated from some 6 years ago. This was from Kayla. An absolutely precious young lady that I've had the privilege of knowing and loving for as long as I can remember.

To me, she's much so more than just a soon to be high school graduate. She's the little girl that I baby-sat and played Barbies with. The pre-teen that I had concerts with and made up dances with when she was too old for a baby-sitter. The freshman that I rejoiced with when she made cheerleader for the first time. The sophomore that blew me away with her honesty and depth when I had the opportunity to be her Disciple Now leader. The junior that tried out for cheerleader...made it for the third year...became the Captain. The senior that impressed me with the way she stepped into leadership roles with confidence and grace.

The past 6 years, I've had to watch her grow up from a distance, but I couldn't be prouder of the young lady she has become. She loves the Lord and her family and friends. She knows what she wants and works hard to get it. She's thoughtful and thankful. She is truly beautiful on the inside and out.

Congratulations to you, Miss Kayla...and the rest of the class of 2009. I pray that the next stage of your life surpasses your wildest dreams. Just keep The Lord as your top priority and the rest will just fall into place.


Now, I think I will fix myself a cup of tea and be thankful that I have 4 years before Kayla's younger sister graduates high school. Seriously, when I get one of those announcements from Madison, I just might die!

1 comment:

dylonhoustonlaetonreid said...

Hey!
thanks for the comment, feel free to leave a comment anytime...