Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Psalm 16

For the past two weeks I've been stuck on this passage in Psalm.  For the record, this is NOT something that I normally do.  It's a new thing as the Lord has started teaching me about QUALITY over QUANTITY....maybe more on that in another post if you're interested.  

Since I do such a great job as thinking up titles for these posts, I bet you'll never figure out what passage in Psalm I've been stuck on!  HA!  It would usually frustrate me beyond belief to be reading the same 11 verses over and over, but Psalm 16 is chock full of insights.  Specifically, I have been thinking a lot about verse 6.  

The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.

My first remembrance of those words is my freshman year of college.  One of my sweet sweet Christian friends that I met at Alabama, Jessica Williams, mentioned the verse in a prayer and I remember thinking it was a neat passage.  Over the years I've heard the passage referred to a few more times, but I've never really dwelt on the words.  After two weeks, I think I can say that I've dwelt. :) 

As I think about all of the things that have happened in my life over the past two years in Atlanta...as I think about all of the ways God has so meticulously begun to put the pieces together for my life in Birmingham...I can't help but take a few words from David's journal...The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the video above! :)

Quality no quantity is something I have to remind myself daily. I feel bad if I only read a few verses, like I didn't do enough. But I have to remind myself that is better than racing through a whole chapter and moving on without even thinking about it.

Go Green! :)