Sunday, September 4, 2011

One week down...

Well, I'm a week into school and let me just say, WHOA! As I sat in class each day last week, I just kept thinking to myself, why in the world am I doing this? What was I thinking? No..what was God thinking?

I have read through my old journals every night this past week...gotta remind myself that it was not of my own strength that I am actually doing this. I got into school because it was the Lord's plan, and I will make it through...if that's His plan. :)

I expected that I would learn and grow a lot, but after 4 days of class, two papers and 400 or so pages of reading, I think it's safe to say that I'm going to be growing in ways I never dreamed possible.

I've been so confused and stressed these past few days that I haven't been able to really think. Instead, I've been turning up the music and using it to worship. Currently playing...Kari Jobe. Kari is one of my all-time favorite worship leaders. I love the honesty in her music...she's one of those that just leads you to the throne when she opens her mouth. Truly a gift. This past week, I have been claiming the words of her song "You Are For Me." Well, this morning, for the first time that I can remember, the praise band at our church sang a Kari Jobe song...and not just any song...yes, they sang "You Are For Me." For those sitting around me today, sorry for the waterworks. As if the words of the song weren't enough already to remind me that God is there, it was such a special treat for them to sing it. As I sat and listened to the words it was almost as if God, Himself, was singing over me. Powerful indeed.

Here's the clip of Kari introducing and singing the song. Take a listen...then go get a copy of the CD for yourself. I promise, it won't disappoint.






No comments: