Monday, September 5, 2011

Meet My Crew...Allison

About three months ago I decided I'd start a little blog series called "Meet My Crew."  It lasted for all of one post, and then I kind of forgot about it.  Good thing is, my cousin, Allison did not.  Since she did the honors of reminding me, I figure she deserves her own little post.  So, without further adieu...Meet Allison!

When I was growing up, I always envied my friends that had cousins that lived nearby.  Not only did I not have a cousin super close in age, but none lived close enough for me to see much more than holidays.  While I still wish that I had some of those cousin memories from when I was a kid, I think it makes me appreciate the ones I am able to make now even more.

One of the best things about moving to Birmingham has been, hands down, getting to know Allison better.  In lots of ways we are alike...but we're different in all of the ways that make her better than me!


While I love to bake, Allison can out bake anyone, any day, and her cooking skills are getting better, too.  Don't even think about challenging her to a Just Dance danceoff...she can beat you blindfolded!  She can speak French.  For real.  Not just like a wannabe.  One day, if I ever make it big, which, is HIGHLY doubtful, but if I ever do, I'm taking her to France with me!  She's a trendsetter.  Want to know how the term "deuces" became a common phrase in her community?  That would be Allison.  


She is, by far, one of the wittiest people that I know.  Her sense of humor is one of my favorite things about her.  Even the mundane is hilarious when Allison describes it.  She has a comeback for everything, and now that we have twitter she has perfected her comebacks to 140 characters or less.  


It didn't take her long to clue in that I love hanging out with her, and it makes my day that she invites me to do it!  True, I would probably invite myself over anyway, but I love that I don't have to.  She's always so sweet to text me with an invitation to dinner, a request to call out things for an upcoming test, or if I'm lucky...she'll even swing by my house for an impromptu visit.


Her home is always hopping.  Yeah, she has a great space for people to hang out, but that's not the only reason why.  The people come because she is such a fabulous friend and host.  Her friends are some of the best in the land...but to have a friend, you must be one, so clearly she is a great one!


Allison is the school spirit queen.  I was never one to miss a school sporting event growing up, so I totally understand her excitement.  She's not just about the pep though.  I guarantee you that she knows more about sports than any of those other cheerleaders out there...and probably more than a majority of the people that are playing the sport!


While she would probably disagree, Allison is a leader.  I love watching her with a group of people.  She's respectful of others and their opinions.  When she talks, others listen.  She's giving.  She's humble.  Always putting others before herself.  She loves the Lord and her relationship with Him is something I could only dream to have when I was in high school.  Pretty much, Allison is incredible.  It's easy to  forget that there are 9 years between us because she is so wise beyond her years.  I'm so thankful she's my cousin because that means we'll be together forever...thank goodness, because I sure couldn't handle family get togethers without her!

3 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

What a sweet blog! I still can't believe I haven't met Allison. Good thing she'll be in Tuscaloosa in a year!

Allison Ingram said...

Aww thank you Lindsey! I feel honored to be the second member of the crew!! You're too sweet and I love you being just 10 minutes away all the time!

paige said...

what a sweet post!!
you are a great friend lindsey!

ps--i want to hear what you think of the book
xo