Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Before I started Divinity School, one of the most common pieces of advice was don't let your reading for your classes cause you to lose time for your own personal quiet time.  I tucked that little piece of information away, but didn't really think I'd have to worry about that. Of course I'd want to continue my daily quiet times.  I love them.

Then school started.  I was assigned hundreds of pages to read a day. Papers to write.  Quizzes to be prepared for.  A new language to learn.  Things got crazy real quick...clearly, I've barely been in school a week...and my early morning quiet time has been replaced with one final read through of the homework.  My 30 second Jesus Calling reading and 5 minute drive to and from class has become the new morning devotion time.  Not good.  I know.

Well, as luck God would have it, this arrived at my house today.



I heard about this book months ago because I'm a frequent reader of Emily's blog.  I knew I would love it, but was almost afraid to read it for myself.  It's not a secret that one of the things I struggled with the most is giving myself grace, and since I've worn the "good girl" label pretty much my entire life, I had a feeling that this book would really rock my world.  Well, after reading so many great things about it, I knew that I just had order it.  I have a feeling this book may be just the ticket to get me back in my morning quiet time routine and I can hardly wait!


2 comments:

Cile said...

I have been and will be praying for you, Lindsey. "But what if we've accomplished everything on our to do list and nothing God wanted us to?" That is not you!

That thought has been tumbling through my type A mind for a couple of weeks now. I know that we are simliar in our desire for input hard work, output good results. This time around, I am praying that we both let God be our order. Love you!

Lindsee said...

I think I'm gonna need to pick this up! I've also been labeled the good girl for quite some time. I hope you're enjoying it!