Sunday, January 3, 2010

I don't ski...but I love youth

Who says you have to ski to chaperone a youth ski trip?!?!

Ever since a little episode with me, some skiis and a black diamond mountain a few years ago, I have done my very best to stay far far away from anything to do with skiis. But, when it comes to youth and chaperoning, let's just say I can't get enough of it. I love spending time with them. Finding out what's going on in their minds...well, I don't know if I was able to actually succeed in that.

Over the course of 4 days, we only had two that had to be taken to ski patrol...only one of those went to the emergency room. Considering 3/4 of the group that went had never skied before, I'd say that's pretty good.

When it was all said and done, I was incredibly sleep deprived, but overflowing with love for my Savior and those kids. What a blessing it was to do life with them for a few days!

No comments: